Experience Level Mid-Senior Level
Years of Experience No Experience Required
Degree Level None
Restaurant Cook Job Description
La Panetteria is looking to hire a new Cook who will be responsible for preparing awesome dishes for our guests. Working closely to the Chef. Duties will include prepping meals, measuring, and mixing ingredients, cooking meals, checking ingredients for freshness, and arranging and garnishing the dishes. You will also be in charge of ensuring that the kitchen and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained. Work under pressure as need it, be a team player.
To be successful in this job, you will need a thorough experience with hot and cold food preparation. Culinary school education is preferred, and prior experience in a related position is an advantage.
Restaurant Cook Responsibilities:
- Prepare awesome meals for our customers.
- Weigh, measure, mix and prep ingredients according to recipes.
- Steam, grill, boil, bake or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other ingredients.
- Check food and ingredients for freshness.
- Arrange and garnish dishes.
- Work well under pressure and within the time limit.
- Ensure that kitchen area, equipment and utensils are cleaned and sanitary conditions
- Help lead and inspire our kitchen staff with the restaurant Executive Chef.
- Wow our guests with amazing dishes.
- Make sure all food are label properly and have (FIFO) system in place
Restaurant Cook Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred (Not required)
- Culinary school 2-4 year degree or foreign equivalency preferred. (Not required)
- Prior experience in related food and beverage service and food preparation positions.
- Thorough experience with hot and cold food preparation.
- Good working knowledge of accepted sanitation standards and health codes.
- Ability to use slicers, mixers, grinders, food processors, etc.
- Able to handle work in a fast-paced environment.