Years of Experience 2+ Years
Degree Level Master's degree (preferred)
Sykesville, MD 21784
Salary: $28.00 to $32.00 /hour
Birch Manor Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare, is seeking a full-time Director of Social Services to join our long-term care management team. Competitive pay based on years of experience. Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) with company match.
Primary Hours: Monday – Friday, day shift
Plan, develop, implement, and evaluate social services programs and activities. Ensure quality and safe delivery of services that reflect the nursing home’s philosophy and standard of care from admission to discharge.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Responsible for functions of the social services department and ensures that all social service functions are carried out through appropriate policies and procedures in accordance with state and federal regulations.
2. Provide on‑going supervision of social work staff as they carry out their daily social work functions and conduct periodic evaluations of their performance as are required by the facility.
3. Provide consultation for the resident, family, and staff of the facility regarding residents’ social and emotional needs, rights, financial and legal concerns.
4. Assist with the coordination of admissions as needed.
5. Responsible for coordinating weekly interdisciplinary resident care conferences. Participates as a member of the IDT to assess and care plan for the resident’s physical, mental, emotional, spiritual and psychosocial needs. Acts as the residents’ advocate in relationships with the nursing home, family and outside agencies.
6. Maintains relationships with psychologists; manages psychological services and referrals.
7. Coordinates comprehensive discharge planning as needed and maintains information on all community services.
License in Social Work
Bachelor of Science in Social Work
Experience in long-term care
Job Type: Full-time
· relevant: 2+ year (Preferred)
· Master’s (Preferred)
· Social Work (Preferred)
· One location
· Health insurance
· Dental insurance
· Vision insurance
· Life Insurance
· 401K Plan
· Holiday Pay
· Paid time off