Sykesville, MD 21784
Salary: $12.00 /hour
The Housekeeper is responsible for maintaining all aspects of cleaning throughout the facility.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Dusts furniture, light fixtures, lamps, window ledges, air conditioning/heat units, picture frames, and ornaments in sitting and eating areas.
- Empties trash containers daily and changes liners.
- Cleans all sinks, basins, commodes, showers, tubs and fixtures.
- Cleans all chrome sink fixtures and mirrors daily.
- Cleans spots on walls when discovered.
- Checks vacant resident rooms to keep clean and ready for a resident; clean if needed.
- Keeps floors clear of the trash.
- Cleans and dusts resident rooms daily.
- Dry and wet mops resident rooms daily.
- Cleans equipment daily.
- Vacuums lobby daily.
- Cleans windows and dusts furniture in lobby weekly.
- Dust clean, and vacuums administrative offices three times a week.
- Cleans and disinfects resident’s room following discharge, transfers, and room changes.
- Cleans and disinfects room of isolated residents.
- Waters plants weekly.
- Dry and wet mops all hallways, dining rooms, and sitting areas daily.
- Cleans accidental spills or areas that require cleaning because of weather, delivery, or residents.
- Checks on supplies of toilet paper, paper towels, and soap in bathrooms; refills when needed.
- Cleans nurses’ stations and utility rooms daily.
- Cleans wheelchairs, feeder chairs, laundry shoots, sink stoppers, porches, walkways, lawn furniture, trash cans, diaper containers, and laundry barrels weekly.
- Cleans resident beds and windows in resident rooms weekly.
- Prepares next day cleaning supplies at the end of each shift.
- Reports needed repairs and replacements to the department director.
- May participate in annual deep-cleaning of the entire facility.
- Notifies department director of supplies needed.
- Participates in safety and disaster drills and other inservice meetings.
- Performs other cleaning duties as requested by the department director or Administrator.
- Uses personal protective equipment when appropriate.
- Uses cleaning compounds only after reading the MSDS label and referring to MSDS if necessary.
- Keeps hallways free of hazards.
- Posts wet floor signs.
- Disposes of hazardous waste properly.
- Communicates with residents with respect; ensures residents’ privacy when cleaning in rooms.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- The ability to ambulate throughout the facility is required.
- The ability to stand for prolonged periods and to bend and stoop frequently is required.
- The ability to lift weights up to 25 pounds, including carpet vacuum cleaners up and down stairways is required.
- The ability to speak, read, and write in English is required.
- Fine hand coordination is required.
- The ability to grasp, move, push/pull small furniture pieces by oneself, and move, push/pull larger furniture with assistance is required.
- The ability to push and pull the housekeeping cart up to 6 pounds of force is required.
- The ability to communicate with residents and staff is required.
- The ability to treat residents with respect and compassion is required.
- Prior professional cleaning experience is preferred.
Housekeeping staff report directly to the Housekeeping and Laundry Manager and indirectly to LNHA.
Additionally, housekeeping staff is expected to respond to requests and assignments by other administrative staff. The staff is also expected to assist any staff member with housekeeping needs willingly.