License Requirements GNA-Geriatric Nurse Assistant
Burtonsville, MD 20866
Join the Oak Manor Center for Healthcare and Rehabilitation team. You will enjoy an environment which promotes professional growth with competitive wages, shift differential, PTO, and insurance benefits. Oak Manor Center provides a range of services, including skilled nursing care, hospice, long term care, sub-acute medical and rehabilitation care.
Oak Manor Center is currently seeking GNAs-for all shifts, Full time & Part Time. The ideal candidates must be devoted, compassionate, and a dependable team player. Geriatric Nursing Assistants provide basic nursing care to patients and residents.
Qualifications for a GNA:
- GNA license is required
- Long term care experience- preferred
Skills of GNA: All qualified applicants should possess the following qualities:
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to respect all members of the healthcare team
- Must be a supportive team member, contribute to and be an example of team work and team concept.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Must possess the ability and willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing nursing practices.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.